About:

It's my hope to post entries here about my life and experiences as a trans-woman, and everyday life in general. This is my way of making my voice be heard, and bringing attention to the issues that transgender people face every day.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Recent Happenings

Well, I've got a few updates to talk about. I spent a few days with Richard last week, and got home Friday. Then last Saturday I went with my mom to see my aunt and grandpa for mother's day. That went very well actually. It was the first time anyone on that side of the family had ever seen me dressed as a girl. My aunt was more than accepting of things. She pulled me aside when I got there, and asked me to promise her that I wouldn't be ashamed of anything while I was there. She was very supportive. One of the first things she asked me when I got there was what name I'm going by now. I told her, and she used it for me the whole day. You wouldn't believe how great it feels to have a family member accept me to that level. She helped me work on my mom about things too. I've finally convinced her to come in to therapy with me sometime, so we can try to work out the issues she's having over me. Hopefully things will go well with that. I really want my mom to accept me as her daughter, that would mean the world to me. My brother already accepts me like I am too. Even he called me by the name I want, and referred to me as a girl. So, things seem to be finally getting better with my family, at least that side of it. My dad's side I can't really say too much for, yet. I've also started going back and reading some if my old journal entries. I really feel like I'm reading something that someone else wrote. I've changed so much since then, and it's obvious from reading what I wrote then, and what I've wrote recently. I realize now just how hard I was on my former best friend a few years ago. He started talking to my ex girlfriend while I was trying to get back with her again, and I went off and acted like he was trying to be with her. Reading some of the things I wrote about him now, really makes me feel bad for how I treated him. So, I've decided to look him up online and apologize for things. It's been weighing on my conscience since last night, and I need to do it. That's one part of my past I'm yet to make peace with, and I'll get no peace until I try. So, I guess, I'm spending tonight trying to do that. Well, that's about everything I have to write about for now. I'll write about how things go with him later.

No comments: