About:

It's my hope to post entries here about my life and experiences as a trans-woman who also happens to have bipolar disorder. This is my way of making my voice be heard, and bringing attention to the issues that myself and others like me, face every day.

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A Lot For Only 2 Weeks

Well, it's been a while since I wrote hasn't it? I suppose I should give an update on things then. I went to see Richard again on the 19th. I actually ended up staying 4 days this time, but things definitely went a bit further than before. We got to the point of making out now, so, I'm a bit more comfortable with myself now. We had a lot of fun together. He took me to this pagan gathering, which was very fun. I think that's the most like minded people I've ever been around at once. I got to meet a lot of new people, so it was definitely worth going. I won't go too far into the physical side of things with us. Some of that should stay private. I did some work for my aunt the same day I got home. His friend couldn't take me until after midnight, so I didn't get back until 3 in the morning. Then I got up at 7 to go help my granddad paint my aunts garage, so that was a rough day to say the least. It sucked even more because, I found out that my estrogen still hadn't come in the mail yet. I was down to 5 days worth left at that point and was getting worried. It still hadn't come by Saturday, so I decided if it wasn't there Monday I was going to call the clinic and try to come in and get a prescription. My friend was able to take me, and on Monday it still wasn't here, so I called the clinic that morning and said I was coming in to talk to my doctor. Then when my grandparents got home from whatever they were doing that day, I mentioned something about my meds not being in the mail. They tell me it had been in the post office since Saturday, and no one had bothered to tell me, even though I had mentioned it Thursday that I was waiting for them. So needless to say, that pissed me off pretty well. I knew as soon as I called and set up an appointment it was going to come. I decided to just go anyway, my grandparents can't stop me from getting prescriptions. So, my friend took me there yesterday, and I explained things to my doctor. To my surprise, she not only wrote me a prescription, but she increased my estrogen to 3 mg a day. So, I'm pretty happy about that. She said that since my blood pressure looked good last time, she might as well increase it like she said she was going to when it went down. I also stopped by Walgreen's while I was there and found out I can get my meds cheaper there than Walmart. So I'm going to Williamsburg Saturday to get my prescription filled at the one there. There's so much to write about that I hope I don't make this too long. On another note, my grandparents decided to give me a hard time about all of this the last few days. Nothing unusual, they told me what I'm doing is sick, and that I should dress like a boy and get a job. I told them that their attitude towards me was sick, and that I'll never dress like a guy because it's not what I want to be. I can see I need to get out of this house as soon as possible. This is why I love going to Richie's house, I can dress the way I want while I'm there, and no one gives me trouble about it. Oh well, it's not like I wasn't expecting this to bring me more trouble. I just have to suck it up and keep going, I'll never make this happen if I let people like my grandparents get to me. Let the world think what it wants of me, in the end how I see myself is all the matters. I'm happy with myself, and I won't let anyone take that from me.

1 comment:

Rallei said...

Hey, I was just reading some of your posts... They really touch me. I'm a transsexual MtF too, and I'm just about to go to see a gender therapist, on the 15th, thursday.

Maybe you could email me at niimiirallei@gmail.com, I'd really like to talk to you : )

Keep on going : )