About:

It's my hope to post entries here about my life and experiences as a trans-woman, and everyday life in general. This is my way of making my voice be heard, and bringing attention to the issues that transgender people face every day.

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

A Good Week

Well it seems like I actually have some good stuff to write about this time. I went to my doctor yesterday, and my blood pressure was down to 112/78, so I don't go back until July 1st. I've finally got my blood pressure under control. I did practically have a nervous breakdown the day before though. I kept texting my friend who was supposed to take me to make sure he still could, and finally he answered back and said that his boss wanted him to work. Luckily my friend that had been taking me originally wasn't working and was able to take me. Since my appointment finished up early we decided to do a little shopping before we came home. She got me a new pair of pants and a coat, so I was happy. I got to wear them to my therapy appointment today, so I'm satisfied with them. I still haven't resolved my medicine issues completely, but I've heard some good things about Walgreens, so I'm thinking of checking into things there. Aparently they have gender dysphoria in their anti discrimination policy, so once I'm in Richmond, it might possibly be a place that would hire me. Also, on a more personal note, I met a guy the other day that likes me. He's a good ways away, but not too far that I couldn't go see him. He actually offered to come here and bring me back with him, so he's really nice. The best thing of all though, is he's a crossdresser. It's not exactly the same as me, but he does understand a lot of what I'm going through, and he's pretty close to my age. So, things look like they may go pretty well with him. We've agreed to take things slow since I want to get to know him better right now. I can definately say I've got a crush though, he's like the sweetest guy I know. We've got a lot in common, and we both like each other, so I may end up in my first relationship with a guy in the near future. I'm a little cautious about things, but I feel pretty comfortable with him. Anyway, I think that's a good highlight of things lately. They could be better, but they're also definately not bad. So, I guess things are looking up for me again. I hope they just stay that way this time.

No comments: