About:

It's my hope to post entries here about my life and experiences as a trans-woman who also happens to have bipolar disorder. This is my way of making my voice be heard, and bringing attention to the issues that myself and others like me, face every day.

Monday, April 14, 2008

A Good Outcome

I finally have some time to sit down and write about yesterday. Well, I finally told my dad about being TG, and things actually went very well. Better than I could have imagined in fact. He told me that I had to do what makes me happy whether he understands or agrees with it. So, that was like wow! We talked about things for a little bit, and I even told him that I have a boyfriend, and he was accepting of that as well. He said that he realized he hadn't really been the best father to me, and that he doesn't know how exactly he could help me, but that he's there for me to talk to when I want. So, I'm happy, he hugged me and said that he doesn't think of my any differently. Things couldn't have gone much better to be honest. That's a load off my mind now, although, I forgot to bring up telling my little brothers. They're going to be the next big step in coming out. I really want them to know so I don't have to hide it from them, but I also don't want to upset them in any way with it. I suppose, for once, I actually have to try to give a simplified explanation to someone about being TG. So, that's giving me a bit of trouble. It's a bit difficult to break down something as complex as gender identity to 6 and 7 year old kids. I don't doubt my ability to do it, I just want to do it in a way that helps them understand what's going on with me. But, I guess that's for another day. I'm definitely going to ask my dad if he wants me to before I tell them, so I guess we get to have another talk soon. I guess, that's about the extent of what's going on in my life right now. Some things better than others, but still, on a whole it's not too bad.

No comments: