About:

It's my hope to post entries here about my life and experiences as a trans-woman who also happens to have bipolar disorder. This is my way of making my voice be heard, and bringing attention to the issues that myself and others like me, face every day.

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Pissed the Fuck Off!

Ok the good times have officially ended. I went to get my prescriptions refilled today at walmart and they charged me $61.47. It was only $16 last time, it's supposed to be $4 per every 30 pills. I asked why the hell it went it up by so much, and apparently I've got 90 days worth of my t blocker. Who the hell only takes 50mg of aldactone at a time?! And the bastards only carry 50 mg pills, and I'm on 150mg. Even if they charged me double what the cost was for it last time it still wouldn't come out to that much. My god I could kill somebody right now. I even told them, no, I don't have insurance, and they still charged me that much. The hell if I'm going to pay that much every month for my t blockers alone. Well I guess now is the time to go out and get a full time job. At the rate things are going now, my part time stuff I'm doing just isn't going to make me enough. I don't know what the hell I'm going to do about this, I don't even have a prescription for estrogen yet, I'm still using what I got online. That's another 90 pills there if I get put on 3mg like my doctor wants. I may go back to buying online, I'm going to have to crunch some figures and try to see which way is going to cost me less. Yeah, I feel very exploited right now. I better talk to my doctor about this next time, I saw flyers on the wall about getting cheap prescriptions with some program. I don't know though, I just have a lot to figure out right now. It's not like I've got much much of a choice, either pay for the meds or don't get any. So I'd better get a job and work as much as I possibly can. I'm just really pissed off right now, I can't believe they're taking advantage of me like that when they claim to have cheap prescriptions. There's nothing cheap about paying over 60 bucks for a one months supply of meds. So much for walmart's claim to helping the uninsured, more like exploiting them if they're prescription has more than 30 pills per month. Just goes to show how much people care I guess. I mean yeah, my situation is a bit different than a lot of peoples. But still, there's got to be a lot of people out there, on meds who need to take more than 30 pills of one prescription per month. So I think I'm hardly alone in this. Oh well, I'm done writing. I'm off to either get a job or commit a crime, I'm swinging towards the job, but we'll see.

No comments: