About:

It's my hope to post entries here about my life and experiences as a trans-woman, and everyday life in general. This is my way of making my voice be heard, and bringing attention to the issues that transgender people face every day.

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Good Times

I would have wrote about this last night, but I was too exhausted when I got home to do much. So cutting to the chase, everything went pretty well at the clinic. My blood pressure was down to normal, my heart rate was up a bit though. Actually let me give the story leading up to all of this first. I finally figure out a couple weeks ago why my blood pressure was up. I wasn't paying close enough attention to how much sodium was in what I was eating every day as I should have been. When I started checking the backs of things I was thinking it's no wonder it was up. So, I drastically changed my diet to help with that. Also, my grandparents have one of those digital blood pressure things, so I used that to keep track of it. It's actually dropped down so much I was worried that it was too low. It was up to 120/80 when my doctor checked it, but it had gone as low as 90/59 when I checked it at home. I made sure to tell her that, so for now she wants me to keep taking the meds like I'm doing, and to keep track of my pressure and also my heart rate. Apparently it was up while I was there, so I'm going to keep track of all of that for the next month until I go back. I know the reason it was up, I always get a bit nervous in a doctors office, plus I had to pee like crazy and I was trying to hold it until my appointment was over. You wouldn't believe how scared I am to attempt to use a public restroom while I'm out dressed as a girl. Luckily the clinic had one, so no problems there. So, as of now, I just keep taking everything that I am at the same dosages and come back in a month to get my pressure checked. It's progress, small but not insignificant. Things are actually looking up for me a bit now. My grandparents have eased off their criticism, so it's been fairly calm around the house lately. It's like an uneasy acceptance, I suppose. I can tell they still don't think much of what I'm doing, but at least they're not putting me down for it at the moment. I'm happy with where things are headed right now. Times could be better, and they also could be worse, so I'm just enjoying a good time while it lasts. I know sooner or later life is going to get shitty again, so I might as well take the good times for all they're worth.

No comments: