About:

It's my hope to post entries here about my life and experiences as a trans-woman who also happens to have bipolar disorder. This is my way of making my voice be heard, and bringing attention to the issues that myself and others like me, face every day.

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Success

I finally got prescriptions last night from my doctor! I got my T blocker increased by 50mg, but my blood pressure was still up so she put me on a low dose of blood pressure medicine. She didn't give me one for estrogen yet, but if things look good next week I think she's going to raise it by 1mg. So I'll end up taking 150mg of aldactone a day, 3mg of estradiol, and 10mg of lisinopril. The BP meds kind of let me down a bit, but I guess it's better to get on something for it than to be sorry I didn't later. It cost me about 16 bucks to get them filled at walmart today, but the bastards said they were going to charge me more next time for some reason. I'm honestly starting to wonder if it wouldn't be cheaper to keep getting them online. I took more shit from my grandparents over things too, but oh well they'll just have to get over me dressing as a girl. It's what I fucking am and I'm not letting them stop me. I'll make this happen if it kills me.

No comments: