About:

It's my hope to post entries here about my life and experiences as a trans-woman, and everyday life in general. This is my way of making my voice be heard, and bringing attention to the issues that transgender people face every day.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

An Interesting Day

I finally went to that class earlier this afternoon. It was definitely more than I was expecting. It was like sex education on a level you'd never see them teach in school. We had to watch a video with different scenarios and say what the people in them should do, put a condom on a fake penis showing the right way to do it, and we also put a flavored condom on our fingers and tasted it. I found out strawberry tastes like cough syrup, and that cola is no good at all. It wasn't so bad though, I met a couple of really nice FtMs in the waiting room before we went in and got to talk for a while. There were only 4 of us in the class, and it was me and one other MtF, and 2 FtM's, so it was pretty even. At least it was a one time only class, so I won't have to worry about it again. I did find out that they're starting a support group for MtFs, so who knows I might get into that at some point. I had my blood pressure checked after that was over. It's still up some, 130/80, so she's getting me to come back in 2 weeks to see how it is then. I don't really have high blood pressure, but it being a little higher then normal is an indicator that I might have it later in life, so I can see the concern. She said once we get the blood pressure under control she'll increase my estrogen, so I'm going to do everything I can to keep it down for next time. Once I get on the meds she said I'll probably only need to come back every 2 or 3 months, so hopefully I'll be able to get a job by then. I'll write more later, I'm kind of tired and distracted right now.

No comments: