About:

It's my hope to post entries here about my life and experiences as a trans-woman, and everyday life in general. This is my way of making my voice be heard, and bringing attention to the issues that transgender people face every day.

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Meeting the Doctor

I finally got to talk to the doctor tonight about everything. I got checked out and what not, they took a couple vials of blood and wanted me to pee in a cup. It went pretty good actually, my blood pressure was up a little and they want me to come back in a couple weeks, but other than that there weren't any issues. She said it was probably from stress, and I was a little nervous, but hopefully it's nothing to really worry about. Aparently estrogen can raise blood pressure but she said even with that it's still possible to increase my dose. At least they're talking about increasing it so that's a good sign. I'm not really sure about the meds just yet, but I hope that I'll be able to get some next time. I found out yesterday that my friend isn't going to be able to take me for a while starting on the 31st through March. Now I've got to hope that my mom can take me some. I go back in 2 weeks so I'm hoping my friend will still be able to take me then at least. They want me to see a psychiatrist that comes there once a month too because of my history with depression and cutting. I don't really want to, but I guess I might as well, he could be my ticket to surgery. I want an orchidectomy as soon as I can save up for it, but I need 2 mental health professionals to sign off on it for me, and at least one has to be a psychiatrist. Well I guess I'm slowly getting there, it's progress at least. I'm a little proud of myself, I actually got out in front of people more this time. We went to a few stores before we got to the clinic so I had a chance to be in public. It all went great, I'm pleased with how things are going. I can't complain about too much, so I guess I'll just have to see where the next appointment takes me.

No comments: