About:

It's my hope to post entries here about my life and experiences as a trans-woman, and everyday life in general. This is my way of making my voice be heard, and bringing attention to the issues that transgender people face every day.

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Big News

I met someone online from the area in Richmond that I want to move to who's looking for a roommate. The best thing is, he's TG like me! I'm not going to get my hopes up too much just yet, but this is looking pretty good so far. We've talked about looking for a place together sometime and going full time as girls together. This is like so much more than I ever could have hoped for. I mean I did have some hope of this happening, but I never expected it to. I guess we're going to hang out some for a while and get to know each other better first though. We've got a lot in common so it's looking pretty good so far. This all fits into my plans perfectly. He was planning on looking for a place sometime next year so that gives me time to get a job and save up some. I've decided I want to try and get my name changed some time this year too. I'm thinking I'll go for it probably during the summer. I just don't want to be too hasty about it. For once things actually look good with all this. I'm not sure how they're going to turn out, but I'm sure willing to go through with it and see for myself. It looks like I've got a lot to get done this year. I just hope I can make it all happen. I've started doing some work for my aunt, and I've got some more lined up with my neighbor too. I'm hoping that will bring in enough money to hold me until I can get a full time job. I'm really excited about everything now, I just hope it all works out for the best. Call me pessimistic if you want, but it seems like every time something good happens to me something awful happens to screw it all up or make it harder. I guess when you're going through with what I am you always have to expect the worst outcome so you aren't so disappointed when it falls through. That's about all for now I guess, I'll write again Tuesday about how my appointment goes.

No comments: