About:

It's my hope to post entries here about my life and experiences as a trans-woman, and everyday life in general. This is my way of making my voice be heard, and bringing attention to the issues that transgender people face every day.

Sunday, December 9, 2007

More Stuff

I've had some time now to let my head clear after everything. I'm still pretty happy and excited about finally getting help from a doctor. It just feels so good to know that I have some real options with all this now. I loved it at that place too. I didn't really talk much to any of the other people like me that were there, but it just great to be around them if nothing else. I just felt like I was finally somewhere I belonged I guess. I'm more sure than I've ever been now that I'm doing the right thing. It's kind of scary to think about everything yet to come, but I know what I have to do. I'm gaining more confidence in myself all the time now. My friend says she is buying me clothes for Christmas, and I'm going dressed as a girl next time. I guess that's as good a place as any to get out in public for the first time. I won't have to worry about anyone judging me since everyone else there will be like me too. I've got an appointment to talk to my therapist Friday. Hopefully I can talk to her about writing that letter for me. To be honest I want to tell her all about Tuesday. I'm a little disappointed that I can't go back before January 15th, but it'll be worth the wait if I can get help from it. I should get to meet with the doctor and fill out all the paperwork next time, so it's looking good so far.

No comments: