About:

It's my hope to post entries here about my life and experiences as a trans-woman, and everyday life in general. This is my way of making my voice be heard, and bringing attention to the issues that transgender people face every day.

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Happy

After making a few wrong turns and missing the right one, me and my friend finally made it to the clinic. The appointment was shorter than I expected. I just talked to the person doing the psychological evaluation and answered whatever questions she asked me. In the end though she said that she considers me to be a good candidate for getting into the TG program and getting help. All I have to do is get my therapist to email the doctor a letter saying that she understands what I've been doing and will be doing. So right now I'm only 1 letter away from getting help. My next appointment isn't until january 15th but it'll be worth the wait if I can get what I want. I should get to talk to a doctor about everything next time. I actually got to meet one person and got their contact info for online. Just waiting room chat I guess you'd call it lol. It was pretty fun just waiting though. I was a little nervous but it felt good to be around other TG people. They were a lot more open and self confident than I am right now, but I guess I'm working my way up to that a little at a time. I'm just so happy right now. I can't believe I'm actually going to help for free. I think I'm going to like going there for help, everyone seems really nice and careing. This is one time in my life I can honestly say I can't wait to go to the doctor again.

No comments: