About:

It's my hope to post entries here about my life and experiences as a trans-woman who also happens to have bipolar disorder. This is my way of making my voice be heard, and bringing attention to the issues that myself and others like me, face every day.

Monday, December 3, 2007

Doctors Appointment

Tomorrow is the big day. I've got a therapy appointment at 2:30 and then at 6:30 I get my psychological evaluation. Hopfully that will eventually get me hormones. It's been crazy just trying to find a way to get there. My friend is taking me, then last night she calls and says shes been grounded so she can't take me. Then I call my mom and beg her to take me, and once she agrees to do it my friend tells me her mom is letting her take me. I haven't been able to get my mom on the phone all day, so I haven't been able to tell her yet that I don't need her to take me.
Oh well I guess I'm just happy that it all worked out some way. I've been really stressed out over going. Just knowing what I'm getting myself into is a bit daunting. I'm nervous, but I haven't been scared away so far. I just have to be persistent about this stuff if I want to get it done. I've come a long way in a year and a half, and I'm kind of proud of myself just for getting this far to tell the truth. There's so much more to do, but I'm as ready as I'll ever be I guess.

No comments: