About:

It's my hope to post entries here about my life and experiences as a trans-woman who also happens to have bipolar disorder. This is my way of making my voice be heard, and bringing attention to the issues that myself and others like me, face every day.

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

If at First You Don't Succeed...

It seemed like the world was out to get me in some way today. We were less than a mile from out house when a overturned log truck was blocking the intersection we needed to turn at. I was half an hour late for my appointment, and I got into an argument with my grandparents while we were waiting. My grandma seems to think for some reason that I was abused in some way as a child, and that that's the reason I'm transsexual. I was not abused when I was a child, nor does anyone but my grandma think so.

Once we finally got there we had another argument in my therapists office. I talked to them about trying to find a doctor. I asked nothing more of them than to give me a ride to the places I've been able to find. They're refusing to so much as do that for me. Really shows how much they care huh? Luckily my friend already offered to give me a ride to once place as long as I pitch in some gas money. Hopefully my mom will be able to give me a ride to a free clinic in Richmond that works with TG people.

I've managed to find several options of places to go, but wether or not my insurance will cover me I don't know. It's one big if about all this. That's all I can really say when I go to any of these places. I'm hoping for a lucky break nearly every place I go asking for help. The medical system of this country really sucks. I'll kill myself before I grow old as a man. If that's not a good enough reason to help me, then I don't know what is.

No comments: