About:

It's my hope to post entries here about my life and experiences as a trans-woman, and everyday life in general. This is my way of making my voice be heard, and bringing attention to the issues that transgender people face every day.

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving

Today actually went better than I was expecting it to. At first I thought I was going to spend Thanksgiving home alone with nothing to do, but my mom called and woke me up at like 7 and asked if I wanted to go to my aunts. So I got to spend part of the day with my 2 aunts and my grandpa. This is actually the cool side of my family, so I actually enjoy being around them. I got to talk with my aunt about things that have been going on with me, and just hang out there for a while. Everyone in my mom's family knows all about me and don't care, so I feel a lot more comfortable around them.

I skipped out going to my other aunts house for dinner last night with my grandparents. I wasn't trying to hurt anyone's feelings, I just feel uneasy around them in the past few years. It just seems to me that I'm always being judged by them I guess. Not to say anything about my dad's side of the family, but they're just not really on the same communication level as me. I like to speak my mind about things, but I know around them I can't do that.

Anyway, just thought I'd update a little. I've been pretty depressed the last few days, so today kind of cheered me up a bit. I found out my aunt actually knows a couple of the doctors that work at that clinic I'm hoping to go to. She even said if I ever need any help with things to let her know, so I know that my mom and her family are the ones that care about me the most. They haven't judged me at all, and they get a lot of respect from me for that.

No comments: